Manga the Week of 3/6/24

Manga the Week of 3/6/24

SEAN: It’s March, and… LOOK OUT! LION!

We start off with Viz Media, which has no debuts. But we get Black Clover 34, Blade of the Moon Princess 3, Blue Box 9, Ima Koi: Now I’m in Love 9 (the final volume), The King’s Beast 12, Kubo Won’t Let Me Be Invisible 12 (the final volume), Like a Butterfly 5, My Hero Academia 37, and Wolf Girl and Black Prince 6.

MICHELLE: I should probably read those shoujo titles…

ANNA: Me too!

SEAN: Udon Entertainment has the 3rd and final omnibus of Robotics;Notes.

Tokyopop debuts Cover My Scars with Your Kiss (Kizuato ni Kuchidzuke), a BL title from LiQuille. This tale combines love, “you look like the guy I’m really in love with”, and dentistry. Which sounds awesome, to be honest. More BL needs to have dentistry.

ASH: I don’t think that’s a combo I’ve seen yet!

Tokyopop also has the 4th volume of Acid Town, and the 5th volume of If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die.

Square Enix Manga has The Apothecary Diaries 11, My Clueless First Friend 5, and Tokyo Aliens 6.

No debuts for Seven Seas, but we see Dungeon Friends Forever 2, The Eccentric Doctor of the Moon Flower Kingdom 5, Kemono Jihen 10, Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 18, Re:Monster 8, This Is Screwed Up, but I Was Reincarnated as a GIRL in Another World! 11, and Young Ladies Don’t Play Fighting Games 6.

One Peace has a 4th volume of the manga version of The Death Mage.

Kodansha gives us some debuts. A-DO is a seinen title from Monthly Young Magazine, and it’s a recent series, but you’d get big 1980s vibes from it, given it deals with human experiments, espers, and vast government conspiracies.

ASH: Ha! It does give off that sort of vibe. Count me as intrigued.

SEAN: Anyway, I’m Falling in Love with You (Douse, Koishite Shimaunda) is a print release of the digital title we’ve already seen, and it runs in Nakayoshi. From the author of I Fell in Love After School, this is straight-up reverse harem fun.

ANNA: OK!

SEAN: The other print debut is Medalist, an amazing title I’ve been banging on about since the digital debuted, and an anime is coming. Award-winning title from Afternoon about a girl trying to figure skate all on her own and a man trying to recover from shattered dreams. Are they the best thing for each other? I beg you to read this.

MICHELLE: Ooh!

ANNA: Yay! I picked up this series when it was included in a humble bundle recently and the couple volumes I’ve read so far are delightful.

ASH: I’ve been waiting for this one in print!

SEAN: Also in print: The Darwin Incident 4, Fire Force Omnibus 9, I’m Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness 4, I’m Standing on a Million Lives 17, My Lovesick Life as a ’90s Otaku 2, Nina the Starry Bride 3, and Rent-A-Girlfriend 23.

ANNA: Yay again for print editions of Nina the Starry Bride.

SEAN: Digitally we see Blue Lock 24, How to Grill Our Love 7, Life 13, MF Ghost 18, My Wife is a Little Intimidating 7, Shangri-La Frontier 15, Those Snow White Notes 15, and Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister 12.

MICHELLE: I keep falling further and further behind on Blue Lock.

SEAN: Kaiten Books has a 6th volume of Gacha Girls Corps out digitally.

No debuts for J-Novel Club either, but we do see Cooking with Wild Game 23, Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! 4 (the final volume), The Frontier Lord Begins with Zero Subjects 2, Holmes of Kyoto 17, the 7th Housekeeping Mage from Another World: Making Your Adventures Feel Like Home! manga volume, My Stepmom’s Daughter Is My Ex 10, The Skull Dragon’s Precious Daughter 4, and Thompson 3 (the final volume).

Ghost Ship has Might as Well Cheat: I Got Transported to Another World Where I Can Live My Wildest Dreams! 7 and Rise of the Outlaw Tamer and His S-Rank Cat Girl. And in other Mature SS titles, we get the danmei title Remnants of Filth: Yuwu 3 and Succubus and Hitman 6.

Dark Horse Comics has the 4th volume of their reissue of Hellsing, and Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! 6.

ASH: I really need to look into Eizouken at some point.

SEAN: And we end with Airship, which has a print debut. The Condemned Villainess Goes Back in Time and Aims to Become the Ultimate Villain (Danzaisareta Akuyaku Reijō wa, Gyakkō-shite Kanpekina Akujo o Mezasu) has our betrayed noble girl sold into a brothel, then, after becoming a fantastic sex worker, she dies. Now she’s back in time, and this time she’s determined to actually be a better person. (Note I edited this description from the early digital one, as I’ve now actually read the book.)

Also in print: The Case Files of Jeweler Richard 7, Loner Life in Another World 8, and Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs 11.

Speaking of that series, debuting in early digital is Trapped in a Dating Sim: Otome Games Are Tough For Us, Too (Ano Otome Game wa Ore-tachi ni Kibishii Sekai Desu), an AU light novel where Leon catches Marie before she seduces anyone… but that leads to many, many other problems.

And there is also the 10th volume of She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man.

Were you eaten by a lion? Or did you just read manga about it?

The post Manga the Week of 3/6/24 first appeared on Manga Bookshelf.



Post a Comment

0 Comments