Pick of the Week: Last Chances and Old Friends

Pick of the Week: Last Chances and Old Friends

SEAN: Sometimes I’m surprised how much I enjoy a series, and that’s certainly been the case with the My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer light novels. The 11th book is the final one, so that’s my pick this week. Enjoy a daddy & daughter series that was (for once) wholesome!

MICHELLE: There’s not a whole lot that appeals to me this week, but I really enjoy what I’ve read of Usotoki Rhetoric so far and look forward to catching up on the series.

KATE: Party like it’s 1990! The second volume of Tokyo Bablyon arrives in stores with a new minimalist cover but the same old story that Tokyopop and Dark Horse have offered North American readers before. I have a feeling this series hasn’t aged well, but I may still buy a copy out of sheer nostalgia: Tokyo Babylon was one of the first manga I ever read.

ASH: None of the debut releases this week have managed to capture my attention, but if My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer managed to remain wholesome to the end, I really might need to give it a look!

ANNA: Not much appeals to me either, I’m going to take a moment of silence for the ending of X/1999 that no one will ever see.

The post Pick of the Week: Last Chances and Old Friends first appeared on Manga Bookshelf.



Post a Comment

0 Comments