Pick of the Week: Josei and the Street Punk Cats

Pick of the Week: Josei and the Street Punk Cats

MICHELLE: It’s 100% My Lovesick Life as a ’90s Otaku for me. So much josei nowadays!

SEAN: I’ll pick the other josei title, then. Not only do I always want to support anything that comes from Flowers, but Gold Kingdom and Water Kingdom looks cute and compact as well.

ANNA: Can I pick both? Why not both!?

ASH: Both it is! I love that josei is becoming more common in translation. (Though I must admit that I’m pretty excited for Stone Ocean, too.)

KATE: At the risk of being the most predictable member of the Battle Robot, I’m going to recommend the 30th edition of Tekkonkinkreet, a weird, glorious, head-trippy manga from Taiyo Matsumoto that’s a little more coherent than No. 5, and a lot less depressing than Sunny. If you’re never read anything by Matsumoto, it’s a great introduction to his unique visual style.

The post Pick of the Week: Josei and the Street Punk Cats first appeared on Manga Bookshelf.



Post a Comment

0 Comments